Knowledge for Democracy Myanmar initiative is an IDRC and Global Affairs Canada partnership that seeks to support democratic transition in Myanmar through policy research. You can now read the September 2018 Newsletter, Inclusive Myanmar, featuring Myanmar students’ academic exchange in Canada and an article on youth desires and motivations.
The ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute’s (ISEAS) Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre (NSC) invites archaeologists to apply for the post of Visiting Fellow.
- Prepare and conduct the annual NSC Field School for undergraduate-level students in a Southeast Asian country.
- In-charge of editing and soliciting papers for the Archaeological Report Series.
- Conduct and publish original archaeological research on Southeast Asia while at NSC.
- Assist NSC in the organisation and management of conferences, workshops and seminars.
- Contribute to ISEAS collective research and public outreach efforts.
- A PhD. in Archaeology
- Expertise in Southeast Asian archaeology and/or premodern history.
- Experience in conducting archaeological excavations or field work in Southeast Asia.
- Good organisational and student-management skills.
- High level of editorial and writing skills in English.
- Ability to speak a Southeast Asian language preferred.
- Positive work attitude, great communication skills, and ability to work under tight schedule.
The closing date is 15 October 2018. For more information on the position and application process, please click here.
The Association for Asian Studies calls for proposals from early career scholars, early career practitioners, and advanced graduate students (near candidacy or PhD candidates) to participate in a workshop on Law, Society, and Justice, from Friday May 17 to Sunday May 19, 2019 at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
For full details on the workshop, visit the AAS website: http://www.asian-studies.org/AAS-Emerging-Fields-Workshop-Law-Society-and-Justice
Applicants are required to submit a one-page proposal along with their CV to https://asianstudies.wufoo.com/forms/qoj7n9602kyg77/ by 1 October 2018.